Temecula Child Support Attorney
A divorce is a life milestone that many never anticipate. It can be one of the most difficult experiences a person ever goes through. If you have children, the challenges multiply. Navigating child custody and child support can be a daunting task. The health and safety of your children, as well as their future, are up for discussion. Their well being is of paramount importance to the law. However, the specifics of what is best for them can be contentious when two parents disagree on a number of issues. The best way to ensure the well being of your children is to have a compassionate and knowledgeable Temecula child support lawyer on your side.
Representing Child Support Cases in Temecula, California
The Law Offices of Catherine A. Schwartz is a child support and family law firm representing clients in Temecula and the surrounding communities. We are a staff of dedicated attorneys who are committed to helping our clients resolve their child support matters in a way that is best for their children.
We understand that going through a divorce is difficult enough without having to worry about child support. We also know that the decisions made during a divorce regarding child custody and child support can impact your children’s lives. That is why we are here to help you through this process and help ensure that your children’s best interests are always at the forefront of every decision.
Do I Need an Attorney for Child Support?
Hiring a lawyer to assist with your child support orders is one of the most responsible choices you can make. A lawyer can help ensure that your child support case is handled fairly, in accordance with the law, and that your children’s best interests are always considered.
Some common value-added services that a Temecula child custody attorney can provide in child support cases include:
- Representing you in court: Even if you are able to agree to a custody schedule and payment terms outside of court, California law requires child custody cases to be determined by a judge. It is important to have an experienced lawyer by your side who knows the law inside and out and can help present your case in the most favorable light possible.
- Negotiating child support agreements between parents: Because the two divorcing parents often have a different opinion on what is fair, it can be helpful to have an objective third party involved in the negotiation process. A California child support attorney will be able to help you come to an agreement that is fair for both parties, meets the legal requirements, and is sustainable over the long term.
- Modifying existing child support agreements: Child support agreements are not always set in stone. If there is a material change in circumstances, such as a change in income or the needs of the child, it may be possible to modify the agreement. A Temecula child support lawyer can help you petition the court for a modification and represent your case in front of a judge.
- Enforcing existing child support agreements: If one parent is not following the terms of a child support agreement, it may be necessary to take legal action. A Temecula child support attorney can help you file the necessary paperwork with the court. They can also represent you in hearings to get the support you need for your children.
- Calculating child support payments: Several factors are considered when calculating child support payments in California. A Temecula child support lawyer will help you determine the amount you should be paying (or receiving) and guide you through the process to reach an agreement.
How Is Child Support Determined in California?
In California, determining child support is influenced by state law and guidelines. These child support guidelines consider several factors, including:
- The annual income of both parents
- The number of children being supported
- The percentage of time the children spend with each parent
- The child’s healthcare and childcare costs
- Any special needs the child may have
Overall, the goal of the child support guidelines is to ensure that children receive the same level of financial support they had when their parents were together. It is also intended to maintain the custodial parent’s standard of living after divorce, covering essential costs such as food, clothing, shelter, and education.
Tips For Parents Going Through a California Child Support Battle
If you are going through a child support battle with your ex-spouse, here are a few tips to help make the process as smooth as possible:
- Stay civil. No matter how angry you may be with your ex-spouse, it is important to remember that you are both still parents to your children. Fighting in court will only damage your relationship with your children and make the process more difficult for everyone involved.
- Keep communication channels open. If you have any questions about the child support process or your specific case, be sure to ask your attorney. It is also important to keep communication open with your ex-spouse so that you can work together to come to an agreement.
- Be realistic. It is important to be realistic about what you can afford when it comes to child support. Unrealistic expectations will only lead to frustration on all sides.
- Hire a divorce attorney. If you are facing a child support battle, it is important to have an experienced lawyer on your side. A Temecula child support attorney can help you navigate the legal system, represent your interests in court, and assist you towards reaching the best possible outcome for your case.
Contact Our Temecula Child Support Lawyers Today
If you are facing a child support issue, the experienced Temecula child support lawyers at The Law Offices of Catherine A. Schwartz can help. We understand the importance of providing for your children, and we will work tirelessly to get you the support you need. Contact us today to discuss the details of your case, develop a child support plan for your children, and get started on your path to resolution. We look forward to helping you and your family achieve a bright future.