Corona Family Law Attorney
Any family law case has the potential to affect you and your loved ones for years to come, or even the rest of your life. Whether you are facing a divorce, child custody determination, or any other family law matter, it is essential to have legal counsel you can trust to protect your best interests. An experienced Corona family law attorney can help you understand your situation as clearly as possible and provide comprehensive guidance throughout every phase of your case.
The Law Offices of Catherine A. Schwartz is a team of family lawyers dedicated to providing client-focused legal counsel in Corona, CA family law cases. We understand that each family is unique, and no two family law matters are exactly alike, so we don’t believe in one-size-fits-all approaches to legal representation in family law matters. Our team takes time to get to know every client we represent to provide them the highest level of comprehensive, compassionate, and individualized legal counsel.
Why Should I Hire a Corona Family Law Attorney?
Navigating any legal case is incredibly challenging without legal representation. Your family law matter may significantly influence your life in many unpredictable ways, and even slight errors can have negative and long-lasting effects for your family. Any family law case will have various procedural requirements, and the average person who has no formal legal training is likely to make mistakes. Hiring an experienced Corona family law lawyer to represent you will allow you to approach the situation with greater confidence.
First, you can rely on your attorney to handle the procedural requirements of your case, such as meeting court filing deadlines and appearing for all necessary hearings. As your case begins, your attorney can draft any pretrial motions you need on your behalf and help you prepare for each phase of your case. If you are facing a divorce or other family law matter that involves multiple legal issues, a family lawyer can carefully review all your options with you so you can make the most informed decisions possible about the direction of your case.
Your investment into representation from a Corona family law attorney can pay off immensely in more ways than you might expect. With legal representation, you can secure the best resolution to your family law matter that preserves your family’s long-term interests. You could save time, money, and stress on repeated appeals and modification filings by securing the most favorable outcome possible at the end of your claim. Your attorney can also make it easier to handle the family law process overall, providing the support you need to remain composed in an emotionally charged case and take an objective approach when exploring your options.
Family Law Cases We Support
When you choose the Law Offices of Catherine A. Schwartz as your Corona family law attorneys, we can provide comprehensive legal counsel in a wide range of family law cases, including:
- Divorce and legal separation. If you and your spouse are thinking about ending your marriage, our team can provide legal representation through your divorce proceedings or assist you in obtaining a legal separation if that is more suitable for your circumstances. Our divorce attorneys can help you with all aspects of your divorce, including property division, child custody determination, child support, alimony, and whatever else your case entails.
- High net worth divorces. If you and your spouse control substantial assets, your divorce may be more complex than you initially expected. You may need to compile substantial records and documentation to prove your ownership rights over certain assets, and dividing other assets may entail tax penalties and other expenses. Our goal in complex financial cases is to help our clients avoid as much unnecessary expense as possible. We can help you reach the fairest possible resolution to property division through careful review of your investments, business assets, and other property.
- Divorce mediation. Many divorcing couples in California choose mediation to avoid the stressful, time-consuming, and costly process of divorce litigation. Mediation occurs under the supervision of a neutral third party who is specially trained to help divorcing spouses negotiate and draft an agreeable divorce order. While you cannot resolve every issue your divorce entails through mediation, you can significantly reduce the time and expense required to complete your divorce. If you are interested in taking advantage of the benefits of alternative dispute resolution, our team is ready to assist you.
- Paternity disputes. Determining a child’s paternity can be crucial in many child custody and child support cases. Whether you need to prove a child’s paternity to hold their father accountable for child support or need to prove your paternity over your biological child to assert your parental rights, we can help.
- Child custody determination. Both married and unmarried parents must determine child custody when they no longer wish to live and raise their children together. Our team understands that a child custody case could be one of the most difficult experiences of your life and will provide the support you need throughout this challenging process.
- Domestic violence and orders of protection. If you have suffered any form of domestic violence, it is crucial to secure legal support as soon as possible. The police can help you secure a temporary restraining order, but you will need more than this to stay safe in most domestic violence situations. We can help you obtain a protective order that shields you and your family from further harm, and we can also help you ensure your experience is given the appropriate attention in a related divorce or child custody case.
- Modifications. Family law is unique in that it’s possible to have your family court order altered under certain conditions without a complex and time-consuming appeal process. If you need to change any element of a standing family law order due to a recent change in your life, we can guide you through the process.
- Contempt proceedings. If your ex-spouse has failed to pay child support and/or alimony as required by your family court order, we can help you file contempt proceedings to hold them accountable. Contempt of court can compel them to repay what they owe and potentially impose further legal measures to ensure compliance in the future.
You can depend on the team at the Law Offices of Catherine A. Schwartz for representation in these or any other family law matter.
What to Expect from Corona Family Law Attorneys
Experienced family lawyers know that client-focused representation is the best approach to virtually any family law matter. Every case is unique, and it’s common for a family law case to involve multiple issues. For example, if you are divorcing your spouse and the two of you have minor children and substantial assets, you are potentially looking at a complicated divorce process, a difficult child custody determination, and a very detailed property division agreement that accounts for both child support and alimony. Having the right family attorneys on your side to guide you through these issues makes it much easier to manage your case and to plan for your future in light of your changing circumstances.
Some family law matters involve complex questions that demand the attention of certain experts. The Law Offices of Catherine A. Schwartz will coordinate whatever expert witness testimony your family law case may demand. For example, if you are divorcing and believe your spouse has hidden assets they failed to disclose in property division proceedings, a forensic accountant may be able to help you find those assets so they can be properly distributed, and your spouse can be held accountable.
Our family lawyers also help you take full advantage of alternative dispute resolution in a divorce case. Settling your divorce privately through mediation can significantly reduce the time and expense required to complete the dissolution process, and you are also more likely to secure a more favorable and personalized settlement. However, if alternative dispute resolution does not work or you are forced to litigate any family law matter, you can rely on our team to provide meticulous and aggressive legal representation through all phases of litigation.
Find Your Corona, California Legal Team Today
Choosing the right Corona family law attorney to represent you will make a tremendous difference in the outcome of your case. You can approach your case with greater understanding, make more informed choices about your legal representation, and will ultimately be more likely to reach the best outcome when you have legal counsel you can trust on your side. Instead of attempting to manage complex court filings and meeting tight deadlines while also managing your personal and professional life, call our firm. You can have an experienced team of family attorneys represent you and manage legal affairs on your behalf.
The Law Office of Catherine A. Schwartz offers more than 30 years of experience handling California family law matters. We understand what might be at stake for you in your case and will provide the meticulous ongoing legal counsel you need to fully understand your legal options. If you are ready to secure legal representation from an experienced Corona family law attorney, we are ready to assist you. Contact the Law Offices of Catherine A. Schwartz today to schedule a consultation with our team.
- Divorce/Legal Separation
- Post-Divorce Disputes
- Bankruptcy & Divorce
- Divorce and Business Ownership
- Property Division
- High Asset Divorce
- Military Divorce
- Same-Sex Divorce/Domestic Partnerships
- Ex Parte Emergency Hearings
- Move Away
- Grandparents' Rights
- Child Support
- Spousal Support/Alimony
- Domestic Violence
- Restraining Orders/Protective Orders
- Child Custody/Visitation
- How Domestic Violence Affects Custody